Thursday 23 November 2017

Dead Wrong


My mum is awesome! 

She's called Ange. Well Andrea actually. She's also been known as Flange, The Crow and The Old Bag/Bat etc. 
She's a pretty remarkable women.
She brought my brother Jody (yes it’s a boys name too) and I up alone. We both turned out exceptionally well by the way....all credit to her.
My brother - Jody (with a ‘y’) Loughlin 
And me - Who said alcohol and chemo don’t mix?
Mum worked 3 jobs so she could get us stuff and feed us, we went from living in sheltered housing to our own home with a mortgage! She took us to really awesome places across the globe and ran her own business. She even jumped out of a plane last year from 15000ft at age 66!
She did all that. 
She's brilliant. 
Remarkable.
But WOW she can't do technology for shit!

Watching her type a text message out on her flip phone circa 2002 resembles a one eyed robber typing a code into a safe.

Now she has retired she has made the brave decision to catch up with us younguns and get an iPad!!!!! I thought she must have soiled her TenaLady when she made that brave decision. 
I took her to the Mall a few weeks ago and told the Apple hipsters to give her the most basic IPad with really good memory and none of that fancy shite. She left with her fashionable drawcord double lined white bag muttering about ‘what was a wrong with a normal carrier’ and then promptly tells me that I’ll need to teach her how to use it!
Ok I think, I can do that. I have zero patience, no free time whatsoever and am unable to filter sarcasm even in the most extreme of circumstances....this’ll be fantastic!!!!

So the next day she bowls into my house with a 50/50 mix of excitement and fear hanging around her jowls, sits down with the iPad and says “ok, what do I do next?” And I say “well you obviously need to switch it on first you pillock” but she doesn’t move and continues to stare at me then says  “ok” and stares again.
What is she looking at? I quickly glance over my shoulder...clear. I run my tongue over my teeth....clear. I waggle my finger in both nostrils...pretty clear.
And it slowly dawns on me she doesn't know how to turn it on. 
SHE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO TURN IT ON!!!! 
Remain calm....breathe...you can do this....you’ve bossed life with incurable Cancer....don’t let the old bird give you a heart attack....breathe I tell myself. 
So I remain calm and show her.
Me - “Press here and enter a password.” 
Flange - “What’s the point in that?” 
Me - “don’t ask questions unless it’s extremely necessary and we may both survive this” (End scene)

Then flash forward and hour and she's still slamming the screen with her sausage fingers every time I shout "the home button! The button!!! The fucking home button! THE BUTTON! It's the only fucking button on there for fucks sake!!" And I realise that although the odds are that I'll die from Cancer....there's now a bloody good chance I may be claimed earlier via an aneurism from old lady technology induced stress!  

“Mum, I'm signing you up for a class at the Library for iPad wankers. It starts on Wednesday”
And off she goes. Bless her.

Anyway, what's this got to do with anything I hear you shout?

Well I tell thee...
Mum can now use google and she wanted to read my blog. Isn't that nice? (She'll have forgotten how to find it by the time this ones posted so don't worry) 
So she says one day whilst whipping out here iPad (that’s now incased in a picture of a Giraffe wearing pink accessories)....'look watch me. I do it like this. I press the compass thing (she means safari) and then the colours come up (she means the actual word ‘Google’) and I click the white line below it and I type what I want to search for.’
I'm actually rather impressed. Good ole Brian at the library... that geezer deserves a medal....and probably a month in The Priory. 

So she says ‘I'm searching for you’ and she types in 'Heidi Loughlin' and do you know what comes up my friends? The first search...as in the one people do most? Is this:

‘Heidi Loughlin Death’




Well bless my mum, she says "you're not dead" and I say "I know! The flipping cheek!" 

And I start wondering why people have searched this? 
I mean there could be a million answers. 
It could be that people are looking for pictures of my sarcastic corpse?
It could be that people have seen me on a live feed somewhere and think I speak so loudly because I’m overcompensating for hearing difficulties (and they, like me, can’t spell and/ or have bad grammar) 
Or maybe it could be that people have noticed I’ve not written much this year and have decided I’ve snuffed it? Now I mention it ..I did have a few inbox messages asking if I was dead, to which I replied "Yes. Yes I am. I'm so sorry to be the barer of bad news, I died 4 weeks ago. PS I'm in your wardrobe".

I wonder if people think that because I've got an incurable and aggressive strain of Cancer (inflammatory breast Cancer) that I must have died by now. 
I guess it’s a fair assumption.

But, I'm not dead!!!  I’m very much alive....look here’s the evidence....
Celebrating Tait’s 3rd birthday in style


Coming second to last with our quiz team at the school but drinking through it....

....and innocently climbing the kids wall on the way home.

Spending time with my favourite man on 4 legs.


Winning Inspirational Mother of the Year at the Butterfly awards.



Halloween dinner party....all very civilised....lots of red wine
Later that night after I’d spewed off my face paint
1 firework every 5 minutes....that’s old school.
Oh and if you want dated proof of life.... here it is....
FYI that train line is never happening 
Let me tell you what I did a few weeks ago....I canoed 22 miles for Stand up to Cancer. Yeah I did that AND I have treatment everything 3 weeks. I had the drugs two days after the canoe trip actually. 
Here are the pictures as proof that I canoed alive. AND I was still alive at the end.









A few days before I headed up north for the challenge I said to my mates that I was a little concerned that I wouldn't be able to do it because I hadn't trained and actually it was a really long way and all the others had trained or were really fit generally as they are celebrities and keep their shit together. 
My mate Emma (who seems to come up a lot in my blog posts and is a hard core spinning instructor) said 'that's bullshit. You'll be absolutely fine because that type of endurance is mental strength and you are the strongest person I know' and you know what, she was bloody right. 
I actually became stronger as the day progressed and finished with a tonne of adrenaline coursing through me. 
I know my little girl gave me an extra push and was egging me on from the start. And I know my boys, although back in Bristol, were also fuelling my determination. 
You see I gather strength from all things around me. The short life of my daughter Ally still gave me some very happy memories, the knowledge that my boys are safe and well and need me as there mum, my husband that would continue to send Noah to school in the wrong coat if I wasn't around, my friends that always say the right things, my brother whose sarcasm and stoicism rival my own and I’m a tough act to follow and my Mum, who keeps going regardless of the obstacles and will one day be able to type like a normal person. 

Heidi Loughlin Alive

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 


15 comments:

Annie said...

Awesome is too teeny a word. love you lots xxxxx

Unknown said...

I have first hand experience of Ange’s iPad issues!!

grannybiker said...

Glad to hear it too! Alive and kicking whatever part of the anatomy presents itself! xx

Louise T said...

You truely are amazing xx

Unknown said...

God bless you and the familyπŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½you are a courageous womanπŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½

Unknown said...

About bloody time Loughlin!! It's lucky I've had my kindle to read in the meantime, or you may have gotten a strongly worded personal message from me!! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Love ya girlie. You keep me, and everyone else who follows you, thoroughly entertained.

You're an inspiration xx

robert mary said...



WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Robert Mary
I’m a citizen of United Kingdom, My younger sister was Sick of
breast cancer and her name is Robert Jane, I and my family have taking
her to all kind of hospital in UK still yet no good result. I decided
to go to the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I
find a lady called Sarah peter she was testifies to the world about
the goodness of a herbal man who has the root and half to cure all
kind of disease and the herbal email was there. So I decided to
contact the herbal man for my younger sister help to cure her breast
cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I
should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that
there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it
and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I
receive the cure that I am in UK, he told me
That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid
for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the
courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to,
before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a
dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very
happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5
million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad,but I don't know why he did not accept the offer,he only said
I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now
here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any
kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact
Dr.ogididanspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347067393105,message him on instragram dr.ogididanspelltemple for the cure, he will help you out
with any problems you have.To get more information you can message me via email robertmary8947@gmail.com

Chris Anderson said...

It's indeed a miracle I can't believe am finally free from herpes virus, am grateful to this powerful herbalist called Dr Perfect.
I'm Chris Anderson from UK I was sick of herpes for 3 years it affected my relationship with my girlfriend when she find out I was having herpes she left me, I missed her so much because I loved her with all my heart and she always makes me happy she was the source of my happiness I wanted her to come back to me, so I took every treatment and drugs but none could cure my sickness I never lose hope because I believe I will surely get cured and be reunited with my girlfriend again so I went online to search for herpes cure and I came across a comment of a man on how this powerful herbalist cured him of herpes, I didn't hesitate I emailed him and explained my problem to him on how this herpes has affected my relationship he replied my mail and he asked for some information which I gave him and he prepared a herbal cure when he finished preparing the cure he sent it to me and instructed me on how to use it and I did it as I was instructed, five days later I couldn't find any sign of herpes that's was how I was free from herpes virus and he also did a love spell that brought back my ex girlfriend, this was the best thing that have ever happened to me am indeed grateful to Dr Perfect for the help he has rendered to me if you need help to cure your diseases or bring back your ex contact him and get your problems solved at solutiontoallproblems1@gmail.com
You can also add him up on WhatsApp +1 (256)-251-3614

He can also cure the following diseases
1. Herpes virus
2. Chronic venous disease
3. Gonorrhoea
4. Hiv/aids
5. Alzheimers disease
6. Asepsis
7. Cancer
8. Cerebrospinal meingtitis
9. Infertility problems
10. Als/ebv
11. Hpv
12. Enlargement of any type
13. Getting back ex lover/divorce
14. Hepatitis a,b,c
15. Syphilis
16. Arthritis
17. Severe atopic dermatitis
18. Leukaemia/lupus virus and many more....

Anonymous said...

HOW I GOT CURE TO MY HERPES WITH THE HELP OF DR EBAKO NATURAL HERBS CURE WHATSAPP HIM ON +1 (213) 861-9461


I can’t believe this. A great testimony that i must share to all HERPES patient in the world i never believed that their could be any complete cure for HERPES or any cure for HERPES,i saw people’s testimony on sites of how DR EBAKO prepare herbal cure and brought them back to life again. i had to try it too and you can,t believe that in just few weeks i started using it all my pains stop gradually and i had to leave without the HERPES DRUGS the doctor gave to me. Right now i can tell you that few months now i have not had any pain,delay in treatment leads to death. Here is his email: doctorebakospellhome@gmail.com his WHATSAPP number is +1 (213) 861-9461
https://drebakocurehome.blogspot.com/
http://drebakocurehome.over-blog.com
he can also cure you from
HPV
HIV
HIV2
Hepatitis B
Diabetes
etc
his Facebook page
@drebakocurehome


Anonymous said...

HOW I GOT MY HUSBAND BACK HOME WITH THE HELP OF A REAL AND GENUINE SPELL CASTER Dr Peter CALL OR CONTACT VIA WHATSAPP +1(321)754-0649

My name is THEODORE SARAH am from united state, I almost took my life because of my husband who left me and stop picking my calls. He said He do not Love me again, I tried to beg him, but he will not answer me until we had a fight and broke up for 6months, after then I realize I can not leave without him. I tried everything possible to get him back. until I came across this man called Dr Peter online i contacted him and he helped me cast a love spell and behold my husband came back within 48 hours.begging me for forgiveness, I was so surprised that spell caster like Dr Peter still exist. If anyone here needs some help, with all sincerity, contact Dr Peter today On Magnificentspellcast@gmail.com or Magnificentspellcast@yahoo.com CALL/whatsapp +1(321)754-0649 indeed you are a priest thank you for making my home a happy home again.i can never stop talking about you sir. his website http://MAGNIFICENTSPELLCAST.WEBSIT2.ME and blog http://magnificentspellcast11.blogspot.com DR PETER is really a great man you can contact him for solution for any kind of problems like
(1) lottery spell
(2) ex back
(3) get pregnant
(4) cure for any kind of sickness,disease and infection
And many others contact this great man today and get your
Problems solved 100%

Anonymous said...

Natural herbs can cure epilepsy, I had epilepsy for over 14 years, i have spent a lot money getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, I went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, One day I was in the office going through the internet when I saw a post about Dr Itua herbal medicine on how he cure a Lady from Kansas who was suffering from HIV and she listed Epilepsy as list of illness Dr Itua can as well cured I contacted him with epilepsy Cure solution, I email him. He told me the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks To my greatest surprise after patiently going according to instruction given to me by Dr Itua, my epilepsy was cure, I want to say a big thanks to Dr Itua who God have sent to heal his people with his natural medicine I pray that God will bless you for the good work you are doing.for all who are still suffering from this illness, you can also contact him through his email on :;;drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number...+248149277976 like they say his herbal remedy is the only permanent solution to Seizure. He Can as well cure the following... Herpes Virus, HIV/Aids, Hepatitis A/B, Shingles, Cold Sore, Epilepsy, Wart, Lupus, Diabetes, Men/Woman Infertility, Seizure, Cancer all types.

Jennifer Cross said...

Hello everyone out here,

thank you so much Dr sam Scott finally am pregnant and am having my own baby soon i still cant believe it after 7 years of trying my partner and i almost gave up on till a friend of mine ask me too contact you that you can help us with your Natural MED which my Husband ask us too give it a try and really we took the MED for one month and now am pregnant i really want too thank the God that lead us too you, you really help us am so happy and excited than you once again if you are TTC i will advice you too contact him too he will help you out ...

Supremespellcast@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via... +2347087462033 thank you.

Jennifer Cross said...

Hello everyone out here,

thank you so much Dr sam Scott finally am pregnant and am having my own baby soon i still cant believe it after 7 years of trying my partner and i almost gave up on till a friend of mine ask me too contact you that you can help us with your Natural MED which my Husband ask us too give it a try and really we took the MED for one month and now am pregnant i really want too thank the God that lead us too you, you really help us am so happy and excited than you once again if you are TTC i will advice you too contact him too he will help you out ...

Supremespellcast@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via... +2347087462033 thank you.

Donna Mary said...

Hello I'm Donna Mary, I'm giving a testimony about Dr. Anselm Adodo; the great traditional herbal doctor. He has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my Cancer Disease.
Cancer doesn't have to be a death sentence even if you have stage IV cancer. For many people, Cancer feels like a death sentence. Doctors tell us that the only way to treat cancer is by using chemo, radiation, or surgery. They pressure us to take standard treatments. We are to believe that we will die if wae don’t use these procedures. Chemo only has an average survival rate of 2% and is often deadlier than cancer itself. The survival rate of stage IV cancer is low when you use standard treatments.
And then there are natural remedies that seek to treat cancer by fixing the imbalances. This way of treating cancer is frowned upon by doctors and pharmaceutical companies. Many people are afraid of trying natural remedies because there is not much research done.
Though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people have the Cancer cure why are people still suffering from it?'
I thought of it, then I contact Dr. Anselm Adodo via email, I didn't believe him at first, I just wanted to give him a try, He replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and I took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was healed of Cancer, If you are a CANCER Patient, I would like you to contact him; and I will try my possible best to make sure that everyone infected with any diseases are cured. When you contact him, make sure you tell him that I referenced you...
Contact Via: Dranselmadodo@gmail.com or Call +2348112872363,
Contact me on donnamary121@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I want to use this opportunity I have to say a big thanks to Dr Great for getting back my ex husband. I'm Linda Gibson from USA, after 7 years of marriage my husband left me for another woman I did whatever I could to get him back but all I did was in vain I was sad, but I didn't lose hope of getting him back because I had faith in God. So I search online on how to get my husband back, and I came across a post of Dr Great of how he helped a lady to get back her ex, I contacted him and told him the pain I was going through, he told me what to do and I did it, then he casted a love spell for me 48 hours later my husband called me and told me he is sorry for what he did and that he misses me very much, later that day he came back home and beg for my forgiveness, since then our love grew stronger. For the marvelous things Dr Great has done for me it would be unfair for me not to let the whole world know that such a powerful spell caster do live. If you want to get back your ex fast email Dr Great at infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com or add him up on WhatsApp +2348118829899 Blog: lindagibson90.blogspot.com








I want to use this opportunity I have to say a big thanks to Dr Great for getting back my ex husband. I'm Linda Gibson from USA, after 7 years of marriage my husband left me for another woman I did whatever I could to get him back but all I did was in vain I was sad, but I didn't lose hope of getting him back because I had faith in God. So I search online on how to get my husband back, and I came across a post of Dr Great of how he helped a lady to get back her ex, I contacted him and told him the pain I was going through, he told me what to do and I did it, then he casted a love spell for me 48 hours later my husband called me and told me he is sorry for what he did and that he misses me very much, later that day he came back home and beg for my forgiveness, since then our love grew stronger. For the marvelous things Dr Great has done for me it would be unfair for me not to let the whole world know that such a powerful spell caster do live. If you want to get back your ex fast email Dr Great at infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com or add him up on WhatsApp +2348118829899 Blog: lindagibson90.blogspot.com








I want to use this opportunity I have to say a big thanks to Dr Great for getting back my ex husband. I'm Linda Gibson from USA, after 7 years of marriage my husband left me for another woman I did whatever I could to get him back but all I did was in vain I was sad, but I didn't lose hope of getting him back because I had faith in God. So I search online on how to get my husband back, and I came across a post of Dr Great of how he helped a lady to get back her ex, I contacted him and told him the pain I was going through, he told me what to do and I did it, then he casted a love spell for me 48 hours later my husband called me and told me he is sorry for what he did and that he misses me very much, later that day he came back home and beg for my forgiveness, since then our love grew stronger. For the marvelous things Dr Great has done for me it would be unfair for me not to let the whole world know that such a powerful spell caster do live. If you want to get back your ex fast email Dr Great at infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com or add him up on WhatsApp +2348118829899 Blog: lindagibson90.blogspot.com